Guide to Creating Artwork
- Min. type size
4 pt / Min. screen value: 4% / Min. line thickness: 0.035 pt
1/8” outside of the dieline / Safe print area: 1/8” inside of the dieline
CMYK (Do not use RGB color builds + No Indexed or Lab color modes) Pantone (Provide Pantone numbers)
The minimum size is 1.5” x 0.5”. Allow enough blank space for the barcode. Provide in Vector format; or provide all barcode digits + barcode type (e.g. UPC A, Code 128) to make. Additional costs will apply to generale UPC codes.
- Photoshop files
The minimum standard resolution is 300 dpi. *Scale, crop + rotate before importing into Illustrator.
Unless otherwise noted, all paperboard jobs are quoted on the basis of press-ready files supplied.
- We require a working “Vector” file saved as an EPS or AI file. Word, Data etc. are NOT acceptable files;
- Please supply all fonts as outlines;
- Isolate die line alone on a separate layer;
- Keep all Glue tabs free of print + finishes;
- Supply any spot varnish elements on a separate layer;
- Supply any Foil elements in vector on a separate layer – do not knockout of print layer;
- Supply any Emboss elements in vector on a separate layer;
- All colours in Print layer must be print ready;
- Please provide Pantone numbers.
- We accept Illustrator files saved in any version up to and including Adobe Illustrator Creative Suite 6.
- Supply all linked supporting files (i.e. placed graphics, photos, etc.)
- Indicate any special colours to print – How many; what are the PMS numbers, any metallic colours, etc.
- When supplying files, include a /pdf if supplying file via e-mail or FTP site; or include a hard copy print out
if supplying on a disk.
- If sending more than one file, please name the file clearly for easy identification.
- Resolution and print quality are dependant upon the file provided.
- Pre-press charges may apply to modify any supplied files that do not meet the above requirements.
- Great Little Box Company reserves the right to recommend revisions to the artwork and/or type copy.
- Modifications are suggested to ensure best print results.
Guide to Sending Artwork
If file is over 20MB, send to our FTP site, details will be sent to you if required. Compress all files over 50MB or with fonts into: .zip, sitx, .sit or .rar format